Cottage Chic Twin Bed Frame

I found a twin bed frame that I knew I could do something with so I bought it and started the whole makeover process on yet another piece of furniture. 

Here is what it looked like before... 

It has seen better days.
A great feature of older bed frames- no box spring needed!
The spindles, crests and other little details instantly caught my eye.


As much as I like a dark stain on a piece of furniture, it had to go. I was really feeling a Cottage Chic style with this bed and in order to achieve that look, I just needed to add paint!

Here it is...


The white paint adds to a Cottage Chic look when paired perfectly with a complementary quilt set.

The fresh coat of white paint really magnifies the details of the bed which I absolutely love. The spindles and the crest at the top of the head board and at the bottom of the foot board are a great accent to any room.

It really is amazing what paint can do!

Comments